[Twisted-Python] Weird thread count

soso duke99 at email.ro
Wed Oct 22 14:29:38 MDT 2003

Hello all,

The following client code creates 3 threads on startup, even if there is no
server to connect to. And I have no clue why. I'm running on Win2k and that's
what taskmanager says. Any ideas?

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
from twisted.internet.protocol import Protocol, ClientFactory
from twisted.internet import reactor

class CommProtocol(Protocol):

    def connectionMade(self):
        print 'Connected'
        self.transport.write("Hello there...")

    def connectionLost(self, reason):
        print 'Connection lost: ', reason

    def dataReceived(self, data):
        print 'Data received: ', str(data)

class CommFactory(ClientFactory):

    protocol = CommProtocol

    def clientConnectionFailed(self, connector, reason):
        print "Failed to connect: ", reason

host = 'localhost'
port = 8000

reactor.connectTCP(host, port, CommFactory())
reactor.run()

Thanks,
soso