[Twisted-Python] woven bug?

Federico Di Gregorio fog at initd.org
Mon Oct 20 15:17:11 MDT 2003

Il lun, 2003-10-20 alle 22:07, James Y Knight ha scritto:
> On Monday, October 20, 2003, at 12:42 PM, Federico Di Gregorio wrote:
>
> > hey, i was not aware of a difference between "<tag/>" and
> > "<tag></tag>".
> > i always tought the first was just a contraction for the second. i'll
> > go
> > re-read the xml specs. thank you very much.
>
> It is, *if* you're talking to an XML parser. The issue is that XHTML is
> supposed to be backwards compatible with HTML4 parsers. They will
> interpret the <tag /> notation to mean the same thing as <tag>. Thus,
> using a block level element like div with that notation means an HTML4
> parser will think it never gets closed and will cause rendering errors.

doh! you're right. knowing that the tag would be replaced by woven with
something meaningful i did not even looked at the problem from this
perspective. i suppose woven parse it as plain XML to build the dom
tree.

thank you very much, digging all that from the sources (as i did with
other pieces of twisted) would have been very long. :)

--
Federico Di Gregorio
Debian GNU/Linux Developer                                fog at debian.org
INIT.D Developer                                           fog at initd.org
   Lasciate che i furetti vengano a me. -- Maria Luisa Benedetta Panzani