[Twisted-Python] CVSToys and IRC

Justin Johnson justinjohnson at fastmail.fm
Thu Oct 16 06:35:27 MDT 2003

Would someone mind helping me get CVSToys setup to send to an IRC
channel?  I'm not quite sure what to do based on what the doc says.

----------
Many of you are downloading this package to have commit notifications
delivered to you on IRC.  To do this, make sure you have a PBService
in your freshCfg, and then make seperate cvswords application; do
`mktap cvswords --help` for a list of all options.  The --cvs-user and
--cvs-pass options must match the user/pass pair for the PBService.
Start the new application with `twistd -f cvswords.tap`.
-----------

From
http://twistedmatrix.com/users/acapnotic/wares/code/CVSToys/config.txt...

----

PBService
PB service to provide notification to remote agents.

Usage: PBService(serviceName='cvstoys.notify', userpass=None)
Initialize a service.

The global variables pbPortNo and pbAuthorizer are also relevant.

@param serviceName: The name of the PB service.  If you make
more than one service, each must have a unique name.

@param userpass: If a (username, password) tuple is supplied
here, an account will be created for it.

----

So it seems I need to create a words tap and a cvswords tap, and add a
PBService to the freshCfg file?  I'm not quite sure where I specify the
IRC channel in all this.  mktap words --help doesn't seem to have any
channel option.

Thanks.
-Justin