[Twisted-Python] Re: Status of 1.1 release

Donovan Preston dp at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Oct 15 11:40:49 MDT 2003

On Oct 15, 2003, at 1:00 PM, Nicola Larosa wrote:

>>> Remaining issues:
>>> 1. Services use in static registry (deleting code mainly)
>>> 2. Update manhole (and manhole and telnet howtos)
>>> 3. What to do with words
>>> 4. Document guard
>
>> 5. Intermittent buildbot failures for full-2.3 and freebsd
>> buildslaves,
>>    e.g.:
>>        http://twistedmatrix.com/buildbot/full-2.3/events/486/summary
>>        http://twistedmatrix.com/buildbot/freebsd/events/422/summary
>
> What about
>
> 6. Documenting Woven Form
>
> ? :^)

Documenting it would mean semi-freezing the interface, and since the
interface is just slush and has already changed (in quotient.formless
and quotient.web.webform), I don't think it's a great idea. One thing
people need to understand about woven is that it is still in heavy
development -- although development has slowed lately because it has
become stable enough to use, there are still large refactorings I plan
on undertaking which will vastly simplify the way woven works. While I
will attempt to preserve backwards compatibility because I have a large
codebase that needs it, I reserve the right to change interfaces
because they are completely broken -- I think it'll be better in the
long run to have well-designed interfaces than to have backwards
compatibility with broken ones.

The best way to learn about woven is to try to use it, and to ask
questions on #twisted.

dp