[Twisted-Python] Woven and deferreds in controllers.

Federico Di Gregorio fog at initd.org
Fri Oct 31 11:01:29 EST 2003

Il ven, 2003-10-31 alle 16:36, Itamar Shtull-Trauring ha scritto:
> On 31 Oct 2003 11:47:27 +0100
> Syver Enstad <syver at inout.no> wrote:
>
> > By the way I found that the handling of deferreds from
> > Controller.handle in View was totally broken in Twisted 1.0.6. Does
> > anybody know if this is fixed in 1.1?
>
> Personally I would just avoid using controllers, they're not good for
> much as far as I can tell.

they would be very usefull in theory. they could be used to change the
model after reloading a form. imagine a form with action="" that reload
itself until all controller constraints are satisfied and then redirect
to the next page. unfortunately controllers _don't_ update the model
(bug?) does nevow use controllers the right way or does it provide an
alternative to them?

--
Federico Di Gregorio
Debian GNU/Linux Developer                                fog at debian.org
INIT.D Developer                                           fog at initd.org
          The reverse side also has a reverse side.  -- Japanese proverb