[Twisted-Python] Handling forms in woven

Stuart Hungerford stuart.hungerford at anu.edu.au
Tue Oct 28 20:12:18 EST 2003

Quoth Itamar:

 >webConduitGlue is for livepage. You don't need livepage to handle forms.
 >Nor do you need controllers.
 >
 >The way to handle forms in woven is the same as in twisted.web proper -
 >override the render method on your Resource subclass (e.g. your Page
 >subclass) and look at request.args.

   This issue of when a Woven Page subclass has a render() method is
   one that seems to come up quite often in my use of Twisted web.

   If a Woven Page has a bunch of model factory and view update methods
   etc, how/when are they run if the page also has a render() method?

   Should the subclass' render() method always call the superclass'
   render() method?

   A good example is with simpleguard'ed pages which seem to need a
   render() method for the simpleguard check/fail tests but may also
   have a bunch of model and view methods for generating the HTML.

   Any advice much appreciated,

Cheers,

Stu

--