[Twisted-Python] Telnet Client as Line Receiver?

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Oct 28 06:34:47 EST 2003

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 05:41:10PM -0000, Mark Evans wrote:
> Advice? Should I multiply inherit from LineReceiver and Telnet?
> Should I subclass Shell and pervert its server functionality into
> client functionality?

There is no Telnet client protocol implementation. What I recommend
doing is refactoring the "Telnet" server protocol into a superclass
(or some other usable unit of code) that can be used by both server
and client implementations; modifying Telnet class to use it, and
implementing a new Telnet client class.

> Since I have to do this work anyway, I would be willing to help with
> any necessary changes to the Twisted library.  Tell me what needs doing,
> and I will do it, to the extent that it overlaps with my work requirements.
> The telnet code looks like it's in transition or maybe stale.

Great! Thanks. Just submit any patches to the bug tracker at
http://twistedmatrix.com/bugs/

---------+            http://radix.twistedmatrix.com