[Twisted-Python] SSL client certificate verification...

Miguel Marques miguel at yorku.ca
Wed Oct 8 14:58:10 EDT 2003

Greetings...

I have a twisted application based on XMLRPC which uses SSL.  I need to
validate client certificates and then somehow retrieve the CN from the
peer certificate from the xmlrpc_* routines.  I've figured out so far
how to do certificate validation and that works fine.

I'm having a bit of difficulty figuring out how to get the CN.  I'm
trying to get it from the twisted.web.server.Request passed to the
render method of xmlrpc.XMLRPC.  I suspect somewhere in there is the
OpenSSL Connection object I can call get_peer_certificate() on.
But I'm not sure where...
Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
TIA...

							Miguel

C. Miguel Marques, Development Services, Computing and Network Services, York University
e-mail: miguel at yorku.ca, voice: (416)736-2100x22684, fax: (416)736-5830