[Twisted-Python] Twisted.Names question

Rudy Schockaert rudy.schockaert at pandora.be
Mon Oct 6 07:03:38 EDT 2003

How can I return a referral to another server when I cannot resolve the
query myself?

My setup would be as follows:
I have a Twisted Names master server and a  number of Twisted Names
slave servers.
The master server is only to be used by the DNS clients when the slave
server is not available.
The Twisted Names servers can only answer very specific queries. All
other responses have to come from the Internet.

My idea is to configure the clients as follows:

Primary DNS server: Twisted Names Slave
Secondary DNS server: Twisted Names Master
Tertiary DNS server: Internet DNS server

I have to configure the Twisted Names Master as secondary for
resilience, but the client should only call him when the the Twisted
Names Slave doesn't respond and not when it doesn't have the answer.

Rudy