[Twisted-Python] using twisted web server as a type of REST server

Jonathan Simms slyphon at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Nov 29 17:41:55 MST 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-29 at 01:59, Oliver Nelson wrote:
> Reading the docs on the twisted web server I see that it automatically
> handles object publishing.  But what if I want to respond to requests
> that aren't based on a object structure?  IOW:
>
> Client does a GET on:
> localhost/infodir/subdir/doc.txt
>
> in this case infodir, subdir, and doc.txt would actually be info to
> lookup in a database on the fly, no object structure.  Is this possible?
>
> I hope I'm explaining myself ok...

Well, I'm no expert on twisted-web, but I wanted to answer your question
in at least a general sense. It is indeed possible to perform such a
task, as twisted.web's object lookup is completely customizable. Drop in
on #twisted on irc.freenode.net and ask someone in there, or if no one
else responds to this thread, email me and I'll help you find out how to
do what you're interested in doing.

- Jonathan Simms (slyphon)