[Twisted-Python] Why would getUser()/getPassword() return ""?

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Mon Nov 24 23:00:35 MST 2003

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 16:03:32 +1100
Stuart Hungerford <stuart.hungerford at anu.edu.au> wrote:

> Before I move onto learning about cred, guard and more
> sophisticated authentication schemes, I'm trying to get a
> simple example working with basic HTTP authentication.

See http://twistedmatrix.com/users/roundup.twistd/twisted/issue393

But you should also read the appropriate RFC. You need to return an
Unauthorized status code (401) and appropriate header if you got no
credentials in order to request browser to send it on next request.

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org/
Available for Python & Twisted consulting