[Twisted-Python] Re: Browser oddities and Woven... (Thomas Raschbacher)

Stuart Hungerford stuart.hungerford at anu.edu.au
Wed Nov 19 17:07:09 MST 2003

Quoth twisted-python-request at twistedmatrix.com:

 >| I've developed a Woven application that generates three
 >| HTML pages, let's call them A, B, and C.
 >|
 >| A's render() method does a redirect to B. B's view methods
 >| generate an XHTML meta tag with the content attribute set
 >| to a refresh and new URL for C:

 >AFAIK this would be the correct syntax:
 ><META name="refresh" content="3,http://www.acme.com/intro.html" />
 >~                               ^
 >(ie ',' instead of ';')
 >http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-html40-970708/struct/global.html#h-7.1.3.2

    Many thanks for pointing that out.  Unfortunately it makes no
    difference to the behaviour with IE or Mozilla.  I've since tried
    with Opera 7 and it goes into the endless loop too, which makes
    me think there's a problem with the (X)HTML my Woven pages are
    generating and Mozilla is being very forgiving.

    I've tried adding the equivalent HTTP headers to the request
    headers in Woven and also run the generated XHTML through the
    W3C validator.  It reported a couple of errors with some

    This is the generated XHTML <head>:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE html
      PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
      "DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

  <head>
Endangered Cultures " name="description" />
                                        language, music, endangered,
university, sydney,
                                        melbourne, ANU, australian,
national, culture,
                                        metadata" name="keywords" />
                                        language archive, linguistic
archive, open archives,
                                        metadata, dublin core, controlled
vocabulary,
                                        linguistics, linguistic data,
language data, Pacific,
                                        endangered culture, endangered
language, musicology,
                                        indigneous song" name="keywords" />
content="5,http://store.apac.edu.au:8181/paradisec/archive/request/download/238/AM3-008-008A.mp3"
/>
   <link
href="http://store.apac.edu.au:8181/PARADISEC/resources/css/paradisec.css"
type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />
   <title>Downloading your file AM3/008/AM3-008-008A.mp3</title>
  </head>

Cheers,

Stu

--