Documentation editing tasks (Re: [Twisted-Python] Forum vs. mailing list)

Mary Gardiner mary-twisted at puzzling.org
Tue Nov 18 19:19:43 MST 2003

On Sun, Nov 16, 2003, Mary Gardiner wrote:
> As a way of getting a handle on this task, can people mail me offlist
> with their understanding of what the current burning issues with the
> documentation are, and with wishlist documentation issues too? That
> includes documents that aren't written and should be and documents
> that are written that need rewriting, as well as overview problems
> ("documents are poorly indexed" that kind of thing). Specific is
> better though...

OK, some results of this and later discussion is at
http://twistedmatrix.com/users/roundup.twistd/twisted/issue397

I've assigned a bunch of unclaimed doc bugs in the bug tracker to myself
(hypatia), and people can assign doc bugs to me if they like. I will try
and take responsibility at least for finding someone else to do them
otherwise they will go in what will probably turn out to be quite a long
list of docs to be written by me.

The first item I am likely to look at is an overall guide to the
documentation, probably with sub-topics ("multi-protocol applications
with Twisted", "web development with Twisted" and so on).

There's also a bit of demand for an overview of asynch network
programming and related docs on Deferreds assuming only the knowledge
given in such an overview. This is important but is not high on my own
todo list because I'm not an expert so if anyone wants to produce those
that would be excellent.

If you have comments, feel free to contact me on this list, by email
off-list, or on IRC, probably in that order of preference if you want me
to add stuff to a todo list (I'm terrible at using IRC as a todo list).

-Mary