[Twisted-Python] Forum vs. mailing list

Mark D McCoy mark at mccoyfam.net
Sat Nov 15 19:07:23 MST 2003

Robert Church wrote:

>On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 05:39:42PM -0600, Hegedus, Matthew S quipped:
>

>>Philippe Lafoucri?re mentions his favoring of a forum over a mailing list. A
>>forum sounds much better to me. Topics can be nicely separated, past
>>knowledge can be easily searched, and email inboxes can be freed from much
>>clutter (or at least make room for spam). Is it not too late to implement a
>>forum?
>>

>As Mr. Armstrong just explaned, you can do all this and more with
>the existing mailing list archive. It's here:
>
>http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python
>
>You don't need to be subscried to the list to read the archive. Topics
>are nicely seperated. Posts can be easily searched using google. Is it
>too late to use the tools we already have before dumping 'em for a
>bulletin board? Hm?

and use gmane's nntp via mozilla thunderbird to read.  The web interface
also allows for dearching posts.  Keeps my inbox from getting too
cluttered, but I have easy access to all of the mailing list (even from
before I signed up to it) in a nice threaded format.

--
Mark McCoy -- US Army SGT
Proudly supporting the Free    | UNIX was not designed to stop you from