[Twisted-Python] Deferred model

Philippe Lafoucrière lafou at wanadoo.fr
Fri Nov 14 08:34:02 MST 2003

> If you give more detail about what you're trying to do, I'm sure one of
> the Twisted gurus can explain what the best approach(es) might be.

I'm trying to manage my gentoo box with a twisted server (A linux
Distro). Portage is very slow, and build the package first level tree
can take several seconds. I just wanted my page not to block while

The list of the category is in a "wmupdate_category(self, request)"
method, in which I'd like to use deferreds.

Thank you gurus for your help !

--
Philippe - kind of lost sometimes with twisted :p