[Twisted-Python] Forum vs. mailing list

Scott Anderson scottanderson at comcast.net
Thu Nov 13 21:49:22 MST 2003

Phil Christensen wrote:

>anyways, what it comes down to is this. i've been looking for a reason to
>set up this forum software i'm really fond of on my machine, but i haven't
>had a reason to do so yet. i'm going to go ahead and give it a try, and
>you can check it out and see if you want to bother with it or not. if not,
>no big deal, and if it seems interesting and not painful to use, then we
>can investigate it further...

Not to further muddy the waters, but one reason I've been looking at
Twisted was to port the software I wrote for Zope that runs at
http://z.iwethey.org/forums -- we also have a hosting service. If you
care to look around the site, the software gets extremely good reviews
from the users with respect to the interface. It has full text indexing
as well. With Twisted running behind it, I plan on integrating the
forums with Jabber chat rooms, irc, and email.

I won't be porting it for at least a month or so, however (new baby in
the house), but I fully intend on completing the project when I get the
time.

Regards,
-scott