[Twisted-Python] help please: trouble installing twisted python on Windows 2000 Pro, but not Windows XP Pro

Syver Enstad syver-en at online.no
Thu Nov 13 06:32:05 MST 2003

"John Benson" <jsbenson at bensonsystems.com> writes:

> I went to install it on Windows 2000 Professional version 5.00.2195
> Service Pack 4 running Python 2.3 and got the following dialog box
> diagnostic: "Setup: CreateFile failed; code 5. Access is denied."
> I've been able to install piles of stuff on this system before, so I
> figure I have the required administrative privileges. I logon to a
> Windows domain, and my ID is in the Administrators group of the
> domain.

What is important here is if you or the group you are member of in the
domain has administrative privileges on the local machine. Check out
computer managment (or whatever) and see which users/groups are
members of the adminstrators group on the local machine (not the
domain admins).

--

Syver Enstad