[Twisted-Python] Woven web question about clearing http request.args

Hegedus, Matthew S matthew.s.hegedus at lmco.com
Mon Nov 3 09:32:07 MST 2003

I've got multiple input buttons and their view is the same logic. The logic
is delete some data on a button press, then rerender the page with the
updated data. The data it will remove depends on the unique ID of the button
pressed.  When the web page is rerendered the view gets called for each
button with the same http request, so the deletion logic will be evaluated
for each button, even though it should be evaluated for just the button that
was pressed. I don't like that. I want to clear request.args so the behavior
will be as if there was only one http event, corresponding to a single
button press. I tried "request.args.clear()", but that doesn't seem to have
the expected effect.

What's worse is when I click the browser's reload button, request.args still
has the last http request that occurred. In other words, if I click my
delete button the page will be rerendered with updated data, then if I click
the browser's reload it will try to delete more data as if I had hit on of
my delete buttons again. Can anyone help me with this problem?