[Twisted-Python] Socket Read Write

Ted Patrick ted at powersdk.com
Mon Nov 3 05:03:48 MST 2003

I am writing a chat socket server and need to make sure that there are no
conflicts when writing to other attached clients. I am concerned that when
the server receives lots of messages from many socket connections, several
sockets may encounter write contention.

Is there a queue for the write method of a socket?
Should one expect errors in this regard?
Does the Twisted architecture eliminate this class of error?
Using twisted.protocol.basic can 2 lineReceived events happen
simultaneously? How is this addressed?

Thanks,

Theodore E. Patrick
PowerSDK - Code for a distributed world