[Twisted-Python] Anyone want to join our Spammer hooneypot project?

JD lists at webcrunchers.com
Sat Nov 29 16:07:34 EST 2003

Hi,

This is an initial inquiry to find out if anyone really familiar with
Twisted would want to join me in the development of
a Spammer honeypot system to release into the public domain.

A recent "securityfocus" article seems to indicate some project like
this might be worthwhile,  and Twisted seems
to be the perfect tool for this....

Not only would it be used to "fool" spammers,  but it also could be
used to "detect" proxy connections from IRC
bots,  and return the proper "fingerprints" to convince the spammers
this is a really legit proxy.

I've done a lot of research in this project,  and come to the
realization that the ONLY way to catch these people
who write such viruses,  is to "suck them into" a honeypot.

Anyone interested,  please Email me at 'crunch at shopip dot com'

Don't reply to my 'lists' mailbox,  as this is only for my mailing
lists.

Regards
John