[Twisted-Python] plugin vs. dropin

Phil Christensen phil at bubblehouse.org
Wed Nov 26 16:08:14 EST 2003

I've figured out that part. I created a plugin directory, and i set the
type to "myPluginType"...now how do i access my plugin from within the
app?

i've got this in my plugins.tml file:

register ("My plugin package",
		"core.plugin",
		description = """
		Provides functionality to my app.
		""",
		type ="myPluginType")

i did the following in the interpreter:

>>> from twisted.python import plugin
>>> plugin.getPlugIns("myPluginType")
[<Plugin 'My plugin package' core.plugin>]

so i guess my question is, what to i do with this plugin object? i see it
has a property named "module", which is the string i gave it of
"core.plugin". this file doesn't exist yet since i don't know what to put
in it.

i guess i just need a little more guidance. i'm looking through the code
too, but i'm not sure what calls what...

thanks for any help,

-phil

[snip snip snip]