[Twisted-Python] Forum vs. mailing list

Uwe C. Schroeder uwe at oss4u.com
Thu Nov 13 18:56:52 EST 2003

Well, on the other hand I wouldn't be reading that anymore. A mailinglist has
the advantage that it comes to you. I think the likelyness of getting an
answer is much higher with a mailinglist. To be honest I don't think that
storing the stuff in a forum will make the FAQ's disappear. People just don't
search thru the forum, pretty much the same as they don't read FAQ's and
search mailinglist-archives.

On Thursday 13 November 2003 03:39 pm, Hegedus, Matthew S wrote:
> Philippe Lafoucrière mentions his favoring of a forum over a mailing list.
> A forum sounds much better to me. Topics can be nicely separated, past
> knowledge can be easily searched, and email inboxes can be freed from much
> clutter (or at least make room for spam). Is it not too late to implement a
> forum?
>
> Matthew Hegedus

- --
	UC

- --
Open Source Solutions 4U, LLC	2570 Fleetwood Drive
Phone:  +1 650 872 2425		San Bruno, CA 94066
Cell:   +1 650 302 2405		United States
Fax:    +1 650 872 2417