[Twisted-Python] Re: tap2ntsvc in sandbox

Justin Johnson justinjohnson at fastmail.fm
Wed Nov 12 15:00:48 EST 2003

One problem I had with a python windows service in general ended up being
related to the following tech note.  Took me forever to figure out what
the problem was, but every one of the symptoms in the tech note applied.
I'm posting this to hopefully save other's the headache.

The immediate output you see is as follows:

E:\scripts>winsvc.py start
Starting service RatControlService
Error starting service: The service did not respond to the start or
control request in a timely fashion.
E:\scripts>

More info was available in the event logs as described in the tech note.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;812485

-Justin

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 09:46:14 -0800, "Cory Dodt"