[Twisted-Python] Twisted Java

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Mon Nov 10 17:03:20 EST 2003

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 16:12:02 -0500 (EST)
"Phil Christensen" <phil at bubblehouse.org> wrote:

> so, what's the chance of this ever supporting the new auth framework?
>
> i don't want to get into a "why use java, anyway?" debate, but i was
> just curious if there were any plans to continue supporting Java with
> the twisted framework.

I'm not used to having actual users for this code :)

I'll see about adding it sometime this week and doing a new release.

Long term plans include rewriting to use java.nio when newpb is done, so
if java 1.4 is a problem better say so now. Probably will include EIO
high-level async framework and Straw PB-based transparent java RMI if I
can, and maybe even java cred so you can write PB servers easily.

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org/
Available for Python & Twisted consulting