[Twisted-Python] MANIFEST.in for RPMs

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Thu Nov 6 10:19:13 EST 2003

John Landahl wrote:

> If anyone has an interest in using the bdist_rpm option with setup.py to
> build Twisted RPMs, the MANIFEST.in file needs the following additions:

Thanks. I should note however that the recommeded way of building RPMs
is using admin/twisted.spec.

> Also, for a Twisted installation that works with any installed version
> of Python (e.g. 2.2 and 2.3), you can install Twisted to
> /usr/lib/site-python by adding these lines to setup.cfg:
>
>     [install]
>     install-lib = /usr/lib/site-python
>
> /usr/lib/site-python seems far more convenient than
> /usr/lib/pythonX/site-packages, don't know why it isn't the default

Because it's wrong. Twisted has C extensions, and those are specific to
the version of Python used to compile Twisted.

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org/
Available for Python & Twisted consulting