[Twisted-Python] 1.1 Will Not Build Under Win32

Syver Enstad syver at inout.no
Thu Nov 6 04:23:07 EST 2003

John Abel <john.abel at pa.press.net> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I noticed a couple of posts about 1.1rc's failing to build on Win32,
> due to the the installer not being able to find certain files (rpc.h,
> and portmap.h), but I've not seen any updates.  This problem still
> exists with 1.1.  Is there a way round it?  Or, do I need to create a
> bug report for it?

Comment out the section that tries to compile the extension needing
rpc.h in setup.py (That's what I did). Just subsititute the test that
tries to find out if rpc.h is available with False so that the branch
is never entered.

Also when you get the build to work the twisted.scripts.twistdw.py
script is broken, fix it by looking at twistd.py.