[Twisted-Python] twisted.python.usage.Options Questions

Jp Calderone exarkun at intarweb.us
Fri May 16 14:52:45 MDT 2003

On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 12:41:35PM -0600, Justin Johnson wrote:

> > > 1)  Passing in the --help option displays usage info the way I'd want it,
> > > grabbing __doc__ from the top of the file and also displaying info about
> > > my subcommands.
> > >
> > > [snip output]
> > >
> > > Is there a way to do that?
> >
> >   Hmm, I don't believe so.  Usage could probably be patched to print
> > something slightly different for options with subcommands.
>
> I was thinking it would make sense to grab the doc from the class that
> handles the options for the particular subcommand, since it is the only
> class/function that we already know the name of and that is already
> associated with the subcommand.
> [snip]
>
> Does that make sense?  Is that something you can do, or should I get
> familiar with the code and submit a patch?
> Thanks for your other suggestions as well.

  This is just what I was thinking.  If the change to make was obvious to
me, I'd do it, but after a quick look I find that I don't entirely remember
how this code works.  Could you come up with a patch for this?

  Jp

--
"If you find a neighbor in need, you're responsible for serving that
neighbor in need, you're responsible for loving a neighbor just like you'd