[Twisted-Python] examples/echoserv_ssl.py, win32

Eric C. Newton ecn at metaslash.com
Mon May 5 17:53:08 MDT 2003

> On Sun, May 04, 2003 at 11:13:09PM -0400, Jp Calderone wrote:
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> >     print isinstance(SSL.WantReadError, SSL.Error)
>
>   issubclass(), of course.
It is a subclass:

   >>> print issubclass(SSL.WantReadError, SSL.Error)
   1

I pulled down Twisted from CVS about at 7:00 PM EDT (May 5th).

    twisted/internet/{app,tcp}.py both import StringTypes from
    twisted/python/compat.py, but twisted/python/compat.py does not export
    StringTypes.

And:

    On this same platform (remember: Windows ME) you can't do:

	python setup.py install

    because cBanana won't build.  cBanana won't build because I don't
    that compiler installed. I commented out those sections of the
    setup.

After fixing these problems, I was able to get the same stack trace as
before, ending with self.socket.accept() and SSL.WantReadError.

Note that there is a nested try/except with the outermost except
catching _everything_ around self.socket.accept().  I'm afraid I just
don't understand the details of the error reporting to know if this is
a side-effect of that reporting, or if something much stranger is
going on.

All the SSL code works just fine on Linux, of course.

-Eric