[Twisted-Python] Woven example for article, Part II

david mertz ibook at gnosis.cx
Thu May 29 00:52:57 EDT 2003

Moshe Zadka wrote:
|page = open(PAGE+'.tmp', 'w')
|page.close()
|os.rename(PAGE+'.tmp', PAGE)
|is safer, and lacks race condition.

Moshe is right here, of course.  I was being sloppy in trying to write a
quick example; but I'll make his change for the actual article.

Yours, David...

P.S. To Itamar: OK, I'll adjust my usage to properly call the package
just "Twisted".

To Andrew, and generally: I have installed a local copy of 1.0.5, and
that at least makes the PicturePile example work (there are a few minor
errors in the samples, but straightforward to fix)--it might be worth
mentioning a minimum (maximum?) version of the package needed for
tutorial examples.  For someone trying to get a handle, like me, it is
not immediately obvious what will fail subtely in 1.0.3 but work in
1.0.5.