[Twisted-Python] Problem creating working .tap file

Uwe C. Schroeder uwe at oss4u.com
Fri May 16 12:37:32 EDT 2003

Hi,

something strange shows up here. I try to create a TAP from a pb application.
The tap is created nicely, but I get an error when starting it:

Failed to load application: <twisted.persisted.styles.Ephemeral instance at
0x82450a4> is not safe for unpickling

So I tried a simple application and took the echoer from the manual.

from twisted.spread import pb
from twisted.internet import app

class Echoer(pb.Root):
    def remote_echo(self,st):
        print "echo: ",st
        return st

appl=app.Application("echo")
appl.listenTCP(8888,pb.BrokerFactory(Echoer()))
appl.save("start")

Funny thing is, this generates the same error when I try to start it.

I'm using 1.0.5 on mandrake 9.1

Any hints would be appreciated.

	UC

--
Open Source Solutions 4U, LLC	2570 Fleetwood Drive
Phone:  +1 650 872 2425		San Bruno, CA 94066