[Twisted-Python] Porting Twisted Python to a new platform

Simon Callan simon at callan.demon.co.uk
Thu May 15 17:43:55 EDT 2003

Hi,

I've just come across Twisted Python, and it looks like just the thing
that I need for the projects that I want to play around with. There is
only one slight problem, it's not available for the platform I'll be
using (python on RISC OS).

This means that I have to write the extra code needed to interface
Twisted Python to the RISC OS GUI, and I was wondering if there is any
information available as to how I should go about this.

The GUI event loop is pretty standard, with one apparently unique
feature - the event poll can indicate that there is data available to
be read from a socket, or that a socket has just become writeable.

If anyone has any advice, I would be very grateful.

Simon

--
Livejournal: http://nallac.livejournal.com/