[Twisted-Python] Re: Twisted 1.0.4 - Typo in code

Francois Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Fri May 2 09:43:23 EDT 2003

[Samuel Bronson]

> Francois Pinard wrote:

> > P.S. - Is there an email address I could use for such nits, instead
> > of bothering the whole list?

> Am I supposed to be bothered by nits?  Huh?  Nobody told me about
> this! ;-).

This message is sent in chat mode.  You may skip it! :-)

I've been reporting tiny things for a lot of years, now, to many people
working on big things.  While most maintainers receive my comments in
all happiness and simplicity, a few became quickly irritated, which is no
fun for all parties involved.  So I'm trying to be a bit more careful --
yet avoiding total silence, which is probably not the best solution.

Nit-pickers attract nit-pickers, and a few GNU maintainers got together
over time, as we were able to excruciatingly nit-pick on each other code
and documentation, in all friendship and respect.  Someone gave the name
`Gnits' to our small, closed gang, and you might see remaining bits
about so-called `Gnits standards', here and there, in some software.
But this is all rather historical by now...

The only constant thing is that I'm born nit-picker... :-) I'll try to
follow the suggestion that was given to me, as to wander in the IRC group,
hoping that it will more time-efficient than email, overall.  Email is hard
to beat for submitting reports.  (The worse medium is bug tracking systems,
with their horrible user interfaces: to me, there are worse than silence.)