[Twisted-Python] Newbie question, using Twisted with cygwin

Jp Calderone exarkun at intarweb.us
Wed Mar 26 20:45:55 MST 2003

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 04:48:41PM -0500, David P. Janes wrote:
> So, I've installed Twisted using the Windows installer, using a plain
> vanilla Python 2.2 installation. I'm in cygwin, so I set up appropriate
> aliases:
>
> alias mktap='python c:/python22/lib/site-packages/twisted/scripts/mktap.py'
> alias twistd='python
> c:/python22/lib/site-packages/twisted/scripts/twistd.py'
>
> No errors occur during the installation.
>
> I run "mktap", specifying a port and a log file, and I get a "web.tap" file.
> Then I run
> twistd -f web.tap
>
> And I get .... nothing. No log file, no errors, no process running.
>
> Very very strange...

  Possibly very strange indeed... though allowances must be made when
running on emulation layers ;)

  You might want to try running twistd with a couple extra options,
--nodeamon and --spew.  The output will hopefully let you track down the
exact point of the problem, and give us a more informative report :)

  Jp

--
It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to
students that have had prior exposure to BASIC: as potential