[Twisted-Python] game server

Anthony Lim tonylim at htmlab.net
Fri Mar 21 22:14:41 MST 2003

Hi:

I am new to Twisted but after browsing the Twisted web site feels that
it may be what I need. I am developing a game server for online
multiplayer turn-based games like the one in http://games.yahoo.com
<http://games.yahoo.com/> . Does anyone have any experience in applying
Twisted in this area? Need all the advice I can get.

I am looking at supporting 20K users with 10% online, and the
possibility of scaling up to 200,000 users or more. Can Twisted be used
for supporting these figures? Any benchmark I can refer to?

Regards

Anthony Lim