[Twisted-Python] Flow - an approach to interuptable data flows

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Mar 12 20:45:54 MST 2003

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 03:47:46AM +0000, Clark C. Evans wrote:
> Quite right.  I added Glyph to the copyright.
>
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 07:45:38PM -0700, Bruce Mitchener wrote:
> | Christopher Armstrong wrote:
> | >All code in Twisted needs to be Copyright Glyph. Please remove this
> | >code from CVS or change the copyright asap... (Since it's copyrighted
> | >by a corporation right now, you may have to get them to officially
> | >sign the agreement in doc/legal/).
>
> twisted/protocols/gnutella.py:# Copyright (C) 2002 Bryce "Zooko" O'Whielacronx
> twisted/zoot/AFactory.py:# Copyright (C) 2002 Bryce "Zooko" Wilcox-O'Hearn
> twisted/zoot/pingertap.py:# Copyright (C) 2002 Bryce "Zooko" Wilcox-O'Hearn
> twisted/zoot/pongertap.py:# Copyright (C) 2002 Bryce "Zooko" Wilcox-O'Hearn
> twisted/zoot/zoot.py:# Copyright (C) 2002 Bryce "Zooko" Wilcox-O'Hearn
> twisted/zoot/zoottap.py:# Copyright (C) 2002 Bryce "Zooko" Wilcox-O'Hearn
>   etc...

Huh. I thought that was cleared up a long time ago... I remember when
Zooko first added that code, and glyph explained the copyright policy,
and IIRC Zooko agreed to it. I don't know why it's never been
changed. Glyph? :)

> | A more permissive license, such as the BSD-without-advertising, or the
> | MIT/X11 license would work as well, since that'd give Glyph all of the
> | rights that he needs?
>
> I'd actually perfer this over the LGPL, especially if I'm the author.

You still have a copyright on that code, and you can distribute it
however you want, of course. It's just non-mutual copyright, as glyph
has the same rights as you (If you agree, anyway).

---------+     http://twistedmatrix.com/users/radix.twistd/