[Twisted-Python] Confusing traceback from mktap.py

Bradley Duane Peters twisted at moberley.com
Tue Mar 11 15:46:44 MST 2003

Greetings,

I have somehow caused my Twisted application to become un-TAPable.
Running it through mktap.py (in the same fashion as when it did work)
results in the following traceback.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "mktap.py", line 30, in ?
    run()
  File "C:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\twisted\scripts\mktap.py",
      line 178, in run
    a.save()
  File "C:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\app.py",
      line 634, in save
    dumpFunc(self, f)
  File "C:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\app.py",
      line 616, in dumpFunc
    _dump(obj, file, 1)
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable

Unfortunately, I don't have an old version to go back to, and I don't
know enough about Twisted to know where I should look for a problem.
I did try converting my TAP plug-in to just run, which resulted in
the same error. At this point, I'm so completely lost that I'm not
sure what, if any, or my source code I should be asking about.

If someone on this list can offer me a suggestion about where I might
start looking for a problem, it would be very much appreciated.

(In case it makes a difference, I'm using Windows 98 and ActivePython
2.2.)

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Bradley Peters.