[Twisted-Python] Re: Twisted and wxPython on windows

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Fri Mar 14 10:03:46 EST 2003

[posted and mailed]

http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2003-February/002911.html

> Also, I'm not really impressed by the basic Twisted support for wxPython -
> it basically does a polling loop. Are better solutions impossible?

IMO the twisted wxreactor (or what it's called) does it wrong (Note that
I'm only talking about Windows here, I have no clue about Linux or other
systems): it tries to integrate the wxPython eventloop into twisted's
event loop, while it should be exactly reverse: the twisted 'events'
must be passed through wxPython's event loop, which is a Windows
messageloop.  See also the description in the post mentioned above.
And it *should* also work unchanged with other GUI toolkits, Tkinter
for example, although I didn't try this.

But win32guireactor is incomplete and not finished, read the source to
find out more.

Thomas