[Twisted-Python] updated defer.html in cvs

Steve Waterbury golux at comcast.net
Sat Mar 8 21:30:48 EST 2003

On Sat, 2003-03-08 at 20:53, Christopher Armstrong wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 08, 2003 at 11:06:22PM +0000, Clark C. Evans wrote:
> > Hello.  I updated defer.html in CVS so that it has runnable
> > examples.  Also, in the first couple paragarphs it wasn't
> > clear that Deferred actually doesn't defer execution, but
> > rather is a callback/errback handler mechanism.  So, I edited
> > a small chunk of prose to help reflect that.  {this particular
> > point threw me for a loop on my first reading when I was a newbie}
>
> The title needs to be changed. That's bugged me for a while, but I've
> been forgetting to say so. What's a good alternative? "Deferring
> Results"?

How about something real explicit, like:
"Getting Results Asynchronously" ...
The app isn't really deferring the results; the results
are deferring themselves; it's just telling them to
give it a call when they arrive.  Rather than
"deferring", I'd say what the app is doing is more like
"subscribing".  "Deferred" might really be more like
"stacked".

- Steve.