[Twisted-Python] coding standard: column width?

Clark C. Evans cce at clarkevans.com
Thu Mar 6 16:08:07 EST 2003

I asked this question in private (with regard to getting CVS access)
and Glyph indicated that he wouldn't mind whitespace changes
that strictly followed the indenting guidelines (4 spaces, no tabs),
but that he only wanted stuff like this changed when one is in
the vicinity of the offence; I infer, as to minimise testing overhead.

Best,

Clark

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 06:15:24PM +0000, Clark C. Evans wrote:
| So, would purely whitespace patches fixing lines that
| go over 79 columns be accepted?
|
| On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 11:44:53PM -0500, Steve Waterbury wrote:
| | >
| | > Or code at the console, or prefer 80 column emacs windows ;-)
| |
| | Right.  The Twisted coding standards are clear ... but they
| | shouldn't have to say everything:  in the absence of explicit
| | direction from the Twisted coding standard, the Python style
| | guidelines should be followed (PEP 8 and PEP 257).
|
| | From PEP 8 (http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0008.html):
| |