[Twisted-Python] Twisted.Web as scgi client

Mike Müller pyp at gmx.net
Thu Mar 6 01:38:28 EST 2003

Hi,

I am new to this list and twisted. I just played around with the howto
setting up a web server with Twisted.Web serving static content, cgi and
*.rpy. Works very nicely. I am impressed.
I also like Quixote. Running it as a cgi script has all the overhead of
starting everything again for each request. It would be nice to have
Twisted.Web act as scgi client
(http://www.mems-exchange.org/software/scgi/) that redirects all requests
to, lets say, www.mydomain.com/askscgi to the scgi server that is run by
Quixote. This way I can use all of Twisted.Web or Quixote when I want.
Since the scgi protocol is designed to be implemented more easily than
FastCGI somebody might already have done something like this. Or is it
planned to be done sometime?

Thanks

Mike