[Twisted-Python] Re: [Twisted-commits] mktap now accepts --uid=0 and --gid=0 to really mean root, has command

Tommi Virtanen tv at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Mar 5 14:33:14 EST 2003

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 02:10:31PM -0500, Samuel Bronson wrote:
> >My docs for pwd say that it's only available on unix -- does this change
> >mean mktap is broken on win32?
> >
> Perhaps it would be better to import it only right before using it
> (inside the if block)?

	All I have is this snippet from #twisted, from which I
	understood unconditionally importing pwd to be all ok.

<Tv> Is "import pwd" allowed in twisted codebase?
<Tv> Should I wrap it in something to make it optional?
<itamar> welll
<_moshez> Tv: where
<itamar> it won't work on windows?
<Tv> _moshez: I'm thinking of supporting user/group names in mktap
<glyphBook> Tv: Ideally you should be using cred, but it's
            understandable if that doesn't make sense.
            twisted.web.distrib uses pwd, I think.
<itamar> ooh, nice
<glyphBook> Tv: oh yeah, definitely, that's fine
<Tv> Cool.

	If you guys want me to move it around so it's not imported
	until needed, I _can_ do that. I'd just like a straight
	answer.

--