[Twisted-Python] [OT] Make Python Faster

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Feb 28 22:08:19 MST 2003

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003 23:20:00 -0500, Jp Calderone <exarkun at intarweb.us> wrote:
>   I don't propose this for inclusion with Twisted, but if anyone wants to
> apply it to their local copy and run real apps with it, it would be helpful
> to Python, and I'm sure Skip would appreciate the extra data points.

I disagree.  This is exactly the kind of thing that we should make easy, to
give the Python developers, and ourselves, as much useful information as we can
about the community.  It should perhaps not be a default, but having a flag to
twistd (maybe --profile-me-harder?) so that people have a "one click" way to
report their run-time results would increase the number of people using it, I'm
sure.

--
 |    <`'>    |  Glyph Lefkowitz: Traveling Sorcerer   |
 |   < _/ >   |  Lead Developer,  the Twisted project  |