[Twisted-Python] The problem with Twisted...

Syver Enstad syver-en at online.no
Thu Jun 26 15:03:10 MDT 2003

screwtape at froup.com writes:

> The Session class doesn't appear to inhert from anything that actually
>
> contains session-related functionality, and the adapter classes sure
> don't contain session-related functionality, so I have no idea where
> sessiony stuff is done, or how to do it in my own programs, or
> anything clever that I might do.
>
> In ASP, admittedly based on a much stupider language, the Session
> object is effectively a dictionary. It's much simpler to understand. I
>
> assume there's useful things the Twisted session object can do that
> you can't do in ASP, but I'm not very clear on what those things might
>
> be.

I am a newbie to Woven, but I just used the session like this and it
seemed to work fine. Just like in asp you can use it to store you own
data, but instead of being limitited to primitive datatypes like in
ASP you use your own classes like in the example below.

... Some Page derived class
    def getChild(self, postpath, request):
        if request.method == 'POST':
            session = request.getSession()
            session.user = User(request.args['user'][0],
                                request.args['password'][0])
            session.user.logIn()
            if session.user.isLoggedIn():
                return Redirect('../projectorder')