[Twisted-Python] Storing site-wide information and scheduling tasks

Thomas Weholt ( PRIVAT ) 2002 at weholt.org
Thu Jun 26 01:08:30 MDT 2003

I want to start a webserver which have object ( or whatever ) available in
all Resource-instances running in that server which holds common information
for the entire site. What's the appropriate module to use for this;
Application, Factory ??

In the same server I need to start tasks ( ie. run functions ) at different
intervals. These function-calls can take some time ( they can fetch files
from the net, scan the local filesystem etc. ) so I guess I need threads,
deferred or something similar. These function-calls must return a result and
update the persistent object mentioned above.

Can anybody show me a very basic example on how to do this?

Thanks.

Best regards,
Thomas