[Twisted-Python] Hacking imap

Anders Hammarquist iko at cd.chalmers.se
Mon Jun 23 17:38:32 MDT 2003

Hi,

Just wanted to give a heads-up that I intend feed you guys a patch for
the imap server to properly handle literals in all places they need to
be handled towards the end of this week.

Unfortunately, it's quite a large change since it requires a complete
restructuring of how arguments are parsed. Basically, instead of
having each command parse it's own arguments, the idea is to list
what arguments each command expects, and have the command dispatcher
parse the arguments and possibly request continuation for literals.

I expect to have more patches coming, as I need this for the project
we're working on. It'd be nice if we could coordinate the work, so
we don't end up with incompatible fixes and improvements, and try to
avoid duplicate work.

/Anders

Anders Hammarquist                                  | iko at cd.chalmers.se
Physics student, Chalmers University of Technology, | Hem: +46 31 88 48 50