[Twisted-Python] Lies, Damn Lies, and Stable Interfaces

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Tue Jun 17 13:59:36 MDT 2003

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 22:54:16 +0300
Tommi Virtanen <tv at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> 	Man. You need to let let *go* of that pipe. You've been
> 	puffing a bit too much.

For the record, cred was designed by glyph and me. And we chose the
names together, and they make a lot of sense, we didn't choose them
(just) because they sound cool.

> 	Sooo.. what does ActiveDirectory need to check a users
> 	passphrase? If it's anywhere near what basic LDAP usage is,
> 	I'm already your friend.

You would be implementing a credential checker. You write a IIRC check()
method that accepts certain credentials objects that comply to specific
interfaces (e.g. IUsernamePasswordCredentials) call methods and lookup
attributes on them, and then return a Deferred of either a string which
is their avatar id (i.e. unique ID representing the user) or a Failure.

So, you need to implement one method.

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org/
http://www.zoteca.com -- Python & Twisted consulting