[Twisted-Python] Re: [Twisted-commits] Small hack that I need for the beginnings of my woven functional testing

Donovan Preston dp at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Jun 14 18:27:07 MDT 2003

On Saturday, June 14, 2003, at 03:47 AM, Andrew Bennetts wrote:

> This change broke 2 tests in Twisted that already used that attribute.
> Should we change the tests, or this hack?  What is it for, anyway?

Thanks for catching this. We should change the hack. The hack is so I
can create and run a second TestSuite inside a UnitTest, so that the
entire second TestSuite can run between the first UnitTest's setUp and
tearDown. It's in Divmod/divmod/web/functionaltester.py

Feedback on how to do this better would be greatly appreciated...

> Oh, and please run tests before you checkin, this isn't the only thing
> that
> has been broken recently.

I did run the tests before I checked in and it wasn't obvious that my
changes had broken anything. There were broken tests, but I didn't
realize they were my fault. Sorry.

dp