[Twisted-Python] SOAP, XML-RPC-services and webpages in one Resource-object

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Jun 11 18:38:54 MDT 2003

On 2003.06.11 16:56, Andrew Dalke wrote:
> Thomas Weholt:
> > I got a root-resource object which handles generation of content for an
> > entire site. I need a server which serves xml-rpc *and* soap
> > webservices on
> > the same port as the root-resource. How can I accomplish this? I've
> > allready
> > subclassed the root-resource from twisted.web.resource. Can I use any
> > sort
> > of mixin to do this?
>
> You can do it as a mixin, like this

> This works because both SOAP and XML-RPC send a "text/xml" in the
> content-type, and SOAP also sends a SOAPAction in the header.

I'm pretty sure this isn't necessary (god, I hope it's not) -- XMLRPC, at
least, is conventionally served at the /RPC2 path on the server. Just
putChild your XMLRPC resource onto your root resource at "RPC2". SOAP
probably has something similar...

---------+     http://twistedmatrix.com/users/radix.twistd/