[Twisted-Python] Broken Twisted on Debian/sarge

Alex Levy mesozoic at polynode.com
Thu Jun 26 12:45:56 EDT 2003

I'm using Debian sarge for my server, with twisted-web and twisted-python,
and until recently was very happy at never having to touch Apache again.

Now it's all dead.

I did a standard 'apt-get upgrade', which moved me up to twisted-python
version 1.0.5+1.0.6rc2.  I am running a server thusly:

mktap web --path ./docroot --allow-ignore-ext --logfile ./web.log

That's all.  No more.  And when I browse to http://mysite/, instead of
serving up 'index.html' (which exists), it endlessly redirects, with my log
files piling up with requests for http://mysite/////////////////////

Now, if the docroot directory is _empty_, or if it has no index files, it
displays a directory listing normally.  So it seems the problem is only when
returning an index file.

Additionally, navigating to http://mysite/index.html works fine.  It's only
when you have http://mysite/ that things get weird.

When I signed up for Debian 'unstable', this isn't quite what I expected ;)

Help?

--
Alex Levy
WWW: http://mesozoic.geecs.org

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
 -- Salvor Hardin, Isaac Asimov's _Foundation_