[Twisted-Python] Help creating a client for a custom protocol

Don Hiatt don at motorola.com
Tue Jun 24 19:13:29 EDT 2003

Greetings,

Sorry about the newbie question, but... :)

I have a custom server running a byte-oriented protocol
(sockets, written in C) and would like to use twisted to implement
the client. I see from looking at the "simpleclient" how
you can use an existing protocol (e.g. Echo) but I am not
sure how to create a client using my own byte-oriented (e.g.
"raw") protocol. If anyone could give me a little advice I
would certainly appreciate it. :) Also, is ClientFactory appropriate
for this sort of application?

Cheers,

Don